- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning- amount is dependent on taste buds (See recipe below)
- ½ cup of salsa –use your favorite or make your own
- ½ cup of low sodium chicken broth
- Place all ingredients into a crockpot
- Turn it on low and cook for approximately 6 hours.
- Once complete, shred chicken and add into tortillas, taco shells or bowl.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon coriander
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- black pepper as desired for a bit more heat (¾ – 1 teaspoon)
- Add all ingredients to a small jar and seal. Shake until fully mixed.