Do I qualify for a free phone?
If you’re having financial difficulties, participate in another state or federal assistance program, or if your income is low enough, you may qualify for the Free Mobile Phone Program.
You can get a free phone if you participate in one of the following federal or state assistance programs
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (section 8)
- Veterans Pension and Survivor’s Benefit
- The Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF)
- The Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Tribal Head Start( only those households meeting its income qualifying standard )
You can still qualify for Free Mobile Phone Program even if you do not participate in any of the above programs if your total household income is low enough.
Different companies offer the free phone depending on your state. Check which one serves your area and make sure to look for companies that offer mobile.