Apple Maple Walnut Salad
- 4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 large Granny Smith apples, julienned
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Whisk first five ingredients until blended. Combine cabbage, apples and Gorgonzola; toss with dressing to coat. Let stand 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with pecans.
Author: Taste of Home/Emily Tyra
- 3/4 cup lite mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 to 5 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 small head)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots (2-3 medium carrots)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients. In a large bowl, combine vegetables, walnuts and raisins; toss with dressing. Fold in apples.
- Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Author: Taste of Home/Joan Hallford
Winter Fruit Salad
- 3Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3Tbsp olive oil
- 3Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3Tbsp honey
- 2tsp poppy seeds
- 8mandarine oranges , peeled and segmented
- 4apples (preferably 2 gala and 2 golden delicious)
- 4ripe kiwis peeled and diced
- 4bananas , peeled and diced
- 1 1/2cup pomegranate arils (from about 1 large)
- For the dressing: In a mixing bowl or jar whisk together lemon juice and sugar until sugar has dissolved.
- Mix in olive oil, vegetable oil and honey until well blended. Stir in poppy seeds.
- For the fruit salad: In a salad bowl toss together all of the fruit then pour dressing over top and gently toss to coat.
- Serve immediately for best results.
Author: Cooking Classy