An alarming one in three American adults has high blood pressure. Known medically as hypertension, many people don’t even know they have it, because high blood pressure has no symptoms or warning signs. Since there are no symptoms, high blood pressure is called “The Silent Killer”. When elevated blood pressure is accompanied by abnormal cholesterol and blood sugar levels, damage to your arteries, kidneys, and heart accelerates exponentially. Fortunately, high blood pressure is easy to detect and treat.
There are different stages of blood pressure:
2 out of 3 Trilogy employees has prehypertension or hypertension. TrilogyFIT can help! Lowering your blood pressure may help reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke, prevent dementia, and help you live longer. Keeping a healthy weight, eating a healthy diet with lots of fruits, veggies, low-fat dairy, and lean meats, and exercising regularly are things you can do to live heart healthy.
How much do you know about high blood pressure? Take an interactive quiz from the CDC here!
See the links below for more helpful resources:
- The American Heart Association has lots of information on blood pressure, nutrition, physical activity, and other ways to live heart healthy
- Read about high blood pressure prevention and management tips and ideas from the CDC
- Learn about the DASH diet and get lots of delicious recipes
- Things you can do to lower your blood pressure
Coming soon to Trilogy!
Starting April 1st, you will be able to get your blood pressure medications at a discount rate through Synchrony Pharmacy! Visit the countdown and call 866-290-1480 for more info.
We’d like to thank all of our Hello Heart pilot participants! You’ve reduced your blood pressure, made healthy changes in your life, and reduced your risk of heart-related health events! We are proud of you and appreciate your participation!
Here are the results of the pilot:
- Stage 2 hypertensive users (those with blood pressure readings of 140/90 and above) reduced their systolic and diastolic readings by average 14 points
- All groups of hypertensive stages had an average reduction in both systolic and diastolic readings
- 58% of users reduced their heart risk
- 94% of users tracked their blood pressure regularly
- 92% of users used the digital coaching
- 100% of users improved their heart health!
Here are some user testimonials:
“The Hello Heart program has helped me realize how stress can have an impact on my blood pressure. Using the free blood pressure cuff that was provided as a gift for participating in the program, I was able to track my blood pressure at different times of the day, and the daily insights gave helpful hints on lowering my blood pressure numbers.” – Mandi, Homewood Health Campus
“I am a better person now because of hello heart. I have learnt to put my health 1st by exercising, checking my BP and taking my medication on time. Thank you hello heart.” – Linda, Violet Springs Health Campus
“This program has helped me realize that my blood pressure was running higher than normal. It has given me insight on managing my heart health by bringing awareness to my readings. I feel this program can help others on blood pressure medication possibly reduction by monitoring B/P, diet and physician.” – Judy, Cedar Creek Health Campus
“The Heart Health app helped me keep my blood pressure under control. I loved reading the daily insights, they provided me with information that I had no idea about. I had a hard time remembering to take my medication daily the app provides a medication reminder not only for my blood pressure medications but all my medications. Thank you Hello Heart!!! I haven’t had a high blood pressure since downloading the app!!! – April, The Villages at Oakridge