Virta Health is offered to Anthem members including ages 18+ (employees, spouses, and dependents) with diabetes or pre-diabetes. Eligible employees do not need to have a BMI of 30.0 or greater to participate.
Join us for webinar, “Food for Medicine,” to learn more about how Virta can help you lose weight, reduce your blood sugar and A1c, and get off those diabetes medications for good.
There will be a Q&A session at the end so that you can get your personal questions answered!
Attendance is limited, so register soon – and be sure to invite your spouse, partner, or dependent if eligible!
Stay tuned for upcoming dates!
Here’s What Our Employees are Saying about Virta
I want to thank my benefits team for allowing me to participate in Virta Health! I have gone from blood sugars of 500 to 600 down to 140 to 240. I have tons more energy! My feet and hands no longer hurt and the 2 diabetic ulcers on my feet are healing. I have so much more energy at work and feel so much more productive. My sleeping has improved immensely! I truly hope that this can be a continued benefit for Trilogy employees especially diabetics. Again thank you from the bottom of my heart!
I honestly never thought I would be able to lose weight or get my blood sugars where they need to be. My amazing health coach has been there for me through the good, the bad, and the ugly. She talked me down as I cried over not being able to have mashed potatoes. Thank you so much for giving me this amazing gift of my health. I work for the greatest company!
Thank you so much for choosing me for Virta Health. I really appreciate the fact that you are concerned about me and my health.
Thank you again. Your caring spirit will never be forgotten.
Thank you for taking time for helping me get on track.
I admit that the stress has been incredible given I am leading a COVID Positive facility and have had exactly 2 days off in the last 4 weeks and the days off ….. trust me I was not off really but … Verta may have saved my life! I don’t mean to be dramatic but it has totally worked for me – I have lost over 40 pounds so far – and that is in just 12 weeks – unheard of for me… plus the bio markers are improving – I really wish I could get some blood work done to really see what is happening but initially I happened to get some lab work just 4 weeks after starting verta and from January 11th to Feb 12th my Total cholesterol went from 142 to 123 and my circumference at the time went down 11 inches Fasting BS dropped from 174 to 161 the first month but last week Verta summary stated it was down to 146!!! This is crazy talk with almost no insulin. All short acting insulin was deleted right out of the gate and my long acting insulin was cut in half. So week over week I see progress in my blood sugar numbers. I have remained in Ketosis since day 2, have followed the program like a manic and it is working. I admit I totally miss some comfort foods and lately that has been a huge struggle – but I committed and I am good to my word. I hope the others saw the same success as I did – I would love to know. Thank you for this opportunity – and I pray I continue to have access to the program post pilot. —Karen Monday, Shelby Crossing Health Campus
Thank You Trilogy for caring about me, as your employee! Virta has helped me to take charge of my health! What a change in how I’m feeling!! I have so far lost about 15 or 16 pounds. I was able to go off my diabetic meds within a couple weeks of following the program. The support given by the Virta team makes such a difference! We are not alone in our battles. I’m so thankful to Trilogy for providing such a life changing opportunity that otherwise I would never had found!! Cheers to better health!
Did You Know…
- Diabetes is the 7th leading cause of death in the United States.
- Type 2 diabetes accounts for about 90-95% of all diagnosed cases of diabetes.
- In the last 20 years, the number of adults diagnosed with diabetes has more than tripled due to the growing rate of overweight or obese adults.
- More than 30 million people in the United States have diabetes, and 1 in 4 of them don’t know they have it.
- More than 84 million US adults—over a third—have pre-diabetes, and 90% of them don’t know they have it.
- Medical costs for people with diabetes are twice as high as for people who don’t have diabetes.
Assessing Your Diabetes Risk Level: 3 Tests
Knowing your risk level for developing diabetes, is the first step to preventing or delaying the onset of type 2 diabetes. The puppies in the above video will help you determine your risk level, but if you don’t like puppies, click here to access the risk test provided by the American Diabetes Association.
Once you have determined your risk level, the next step is to get tested to determine your blood glucose levels. There are three main ways to get your blood glucose levels tested:
- A1C Testing: This blood test (does not require fasting), indicated your average blood sugar level for the past two to three months. It measures the percentage of blood sugar attached to hemoglobin, the oxygen-carrying protein in the red blood cells.
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Testing: For this test, you fast overnight, and the fasting blood sugar level is measured. Then you drink a sugary liquid, and blood sugar levels are tested periodically for the next two hours.
- Fasting Glucose: A test to determine how much sugar is in a blood sample after an overnight fast. The test typically is done in the morning, before a person has eaten.