- 1 medium onion or could use onion powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 hamburger buns, can be toasted if desired
- 8 bread and butter pickle slices
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- Chop the onion to consistency of desired thickness and size or if family members do not like regular onion and to save time, utilize onion powder in place of regular onion to your liking.
- In a 12-inch nonstick pan, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the onion (or onion powder to ground turkey) and cook for approximately 4 min. or until fully cooked, stirring often.
- Add ground turkey to onions and cook until browned, approx. 4–6 min., breaking up meat with a spatula as it cooks while seasoning with salt and pepper.
- While ground turkey is cooking, combine ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- When ground turkey is fully cooked, stir ketchup mixture into meat. Reduce heat to low and cook 5 min., stirring occasionally.
- Scoop the meat mixture onto the buns and top with pickle slices, lettuce, or other toppings that your family prefers.